Add a new album via email
With this function you are able to create an album as well as add photos inside the album, to the Photo Gallery Module by emailing the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for the system to place the details you are emailing, on your website, you have to send the email from the email address that is listed in the Email Address field of Business Information in the Admin & Reports Section of your website.
- This function will not work if this field is blank or if you send the email from a different email address.
- This function will also not update an existing album on the website.
- If an album with the same name as the subject of the email you are sending, already exist on your website, this function will not work
- Make sure that the total size of the email you are sending does not exceed 4MB
You need the following information about your album and images to use this function
- The name of your album
- A description for your album
- All the images that you want to put in the album. These images need to be in jpg, jpeg, gif or png format and each file needs to be less than 2MB in size
Follow these steps to create an album on your website and upload a product to your website by sending an email:
- Open your favourite email program
- Make sure that the email will be sent from the same email address that is listed in the Email Address Field of Business Information in the Admin & Reports Section of your website.
- Send the email to email@example.com
- Use the name of your album as the Subject of your email
- Attach all the images that you want to add to the album as normal attachments to the email
- Input your album description as the body of the email
- Send the email when you have entered all the above information
In about two minutes you will receive an automated email from Kwikweb Auto Emails. This will be an indication that your album and the photos have successfully been added to your website
- Individual image or photo descriptions will need to be added manually
- Any rich text elements that are included in the body of the email will automatically be transferred to the product. These can be but are not limited to the following:
- Bold, Italic, Underline etc.
- Images etc.
- Any previous edited settings set up under Advanced Options will automatically apply to the new album as well as the images inside the album
- You do not need to log in to your website to publish the changes for the new album and images to show on your website. The album and images will automatically be published and will be visible on your website as soon as you receive the confirmation email from the system