Add new announcements via email
With this function you are able to add announcements on your website by emailing the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for the system to place the details you are emailing, on your website, you have to send the email from the email address that is listed in the Email Address field of Business Information in the Admin & Reports Section of your website.
- This function will not work if this field is blank or if you send the email from a different email address.
- This function will overwrite any existing announcements on the website
- Make sure that the total size of the email you are sending does not exceed 4MB
You need the following information about your announcement to use this function
- The name or subject of the announcement
- Descriptive text and images about the announcement
Follow these steps to upload a product to your website by sending an email:
- Open your favourite email program
- Make sure that the email will be sent from the same email address that is listed in the Email Address Field of Business Information in the Admin & Reports Section of your website.
- Send the email to email@example.com
- Use the name or subject of your announcement as the subject of your email
- Input descriptive text and/or images about the announcement as the body of the email
- Send the email when you have entered all the above information
In about two minutes you will receive an automated email from Kwikweb Auto Emails. This will be an indication that your announcement has successfully been added to your website
- An announcement sent via email will automatically create a new announcement or overwrite any existing announcements on the website
- Do not send any images as attachments when adding announcements via email. The images should be added in the body of the email
- Any rich text elements that are included in the body of the email will automatically be transferred to the product. These can be but are not limited to the following:
- Bold, Italic, Underline etc.
- Images etc.
- Any previous edited settings set up under Advanced Options will automatically apply to the new announcement
- You do not need to log in to your website to publish the changes for the new announcement to show on your website. The announcement will automatically be published and will be visible on your website as soon as you receive the confirmation email from the system